Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Green Lantern

I was doing some cleaning and in the process, broke the cover to my old lamp. As I continued to clean, I happened to find all the ingredients for a new lamp cover. Ingredients meant a pottery piece a kid named Nathan was going to throw away but I kept instead, some silver and copper coils, and little glass stones that may have been in a fishbowl at some point in their history. I intertwined the copper and silver coils and used them to hoist up the lid of the piece. I did a zig-zag latter-type pattern around it. This left me just enough room to put the light bulbs base inside and surround it with the glass fishy stones. I named it green lantern because it looks like a lantern and it's a greenish color..

This is what it looks like when the light is switched on.
 This is with no flash.
 This is with flash.
I also think the top part of it looks like a Mexican sombrero so that's a bonus. It was pretty fun to make and I like the way it came out. I dedicate this lamp to my old dead beta fish named Fred that I burried in my backyard after his 18 blissful months of life. My dad made a cross. I might have been eight when this happened? Anyway, he was a good fish. R.I.P. 

No comments:

Post a Comment